The Chamber of Commerce of Sandusky County: Proudly serving area businesses
By JILL SIMPSON
Chamber of Commerce of Sandusky County
The Chamber of Commerce of Sandusky County is known for providing area businesses with incredible savings and educational opportunities and opportunities to get noticed and connected. In 2018, the Chamber expanded its services to include the following to continue to meet the needs of its business members:
- Expansion of the REACH Education Curriculum – REACH is a curriculum taught by our business members in the upper elementary schools designed to help students explore local career options and to teach them about the “world of work.” The program was expanded to the Bellevue and Margaretta school systems in 2018, bringing its total reach to approximately 1,030 students in 45 classrooms within 15 schools.
- New Website – The Chamber launching a new website in March. The new design is more user friendly and has a fresher and more modern look and feel. The hope is to keep the site appealing to not only our businesses seeking information, but to the public as they visit the site searching for local businesses.
- Health & Wellness Resources – A Health & Wellness Committee was formed in 2018 and has developed a page on the new website where businesses can add to a calendar of events and access resources to assist their organizations in promoting healthy lifestyles amongst their employees.
- Health Insurance Options – The Chamber joined the Northern Ohio Area Chambers of Commerce (NOACC) to offer its business members savings on Anthem health care costs.
- Traveling Tuesdays – Fifty (50) member businesses took advantage of the opportunity to market their services through the weekly Traveling Tuesday Facebook Contest and reach up to 13,000 viewers.
- Radio Advertising – New members now receive $500 free radio advertising through BAS Broadcasting.
- iDecide Candidate Forum – Over 5,000 attendees and video viewers had the opportunity to get to know 13 of the candidates running for local elections.
- Safety Council – In addition to saving member businesses on their Workers Comp rates, the Sandusky County Safety Council received the 4th place (out of 83) Safety Council of the Year Award given out by the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation. The Council also worked with the Ottawa County and Sandusky Area Safety Councils to offer over 200 attendees access to safety related breakout sessions at the Tri-County Safety Day Conference held in April.
The Chamber also welcomed the following new businesses to Sandusky County in 2018:
- Boost Mobile By Wireless Boys
- Sandusky County Young Professionals Group
- Car Wash USA Express
- CR Juices
– Juice Garden
– NESCO RESOURCE
– Rust Belt Recruiting
– Amplex Internet
– M.C. Home Cleaning
– C.J & J.T. Duo
– Professional Grooming
For information, visit our website at scchamber.org or contact the office at 419-332-1591.
Jill Simpson is CEO/President of the Chamber of Commerce of Sandusky County, 215 Croghan St., Fremont, 419-332-1591, email@example.com.