Submitted by SCYPG
The Sandusky County Young Professionals Group is hosting the first Sandusky County Young Professionals Awards Banquet on Dec. 8 at Misty Meadows (Camp Fire Sandusky County) in Fremont.
“When Andrea and I began forming the SCYPG in 2016 one of our goals was to create a Young Professional Award for Sandusky County” said Megan Craun, co-chair of the SCYPG. “Too many times we have sat through meetings that compared millennials to other generations. We want to turn those negative stigmas around and prove that there are many young professionals right here in Sandusky County that are not only hard workers but leaders and active members in the community.”
The SCYPG just celebrated their one-year anniversary on Nov. 7. The awards banquet will also serve as the annual celebration. The awards banquet is for anyone 21 and over and you do not need to be a member to attend. The SCYPG is asking for a $10 donation for those who attend the event. All proceeds from this event will go toward Sandusky County Community Christmas and providing gift cards for teens age 13-17. Community members are encouraged to attend the awards banquet to learn more about the SCYPG, celebrate their first year, and support those young leaders that were nominated and their achievements.
“The SCYP Awards Banquet will recognize young professionals and a Sandusky County Business in four separate categories” said Andrea Gibson, co-chair of the SCYPG. “The categories include Best Next Generation Workplace Award, ‘Love Sandusky County’ Volunteer Award, Young Leader of the Year Award and the Young Professional of the Year Award.”
Best Next Generation Workplace Award: This award is presented to a Sandusky County business or organization that demonstrates a commitment to attracting, retaining and developing the young, professional workforce.
- Nominations for the Best Next Generation Workplace Award include: City of Fremont, Dotnet Technologies and UIS Insurance.
- Love Sandusky County Volunteer Award: This award is presented to a Sandusky County Young Professional whose extraordinary civic engagement, volunteerism and public service has made Sandusky County THRIVE by their volunteer efforts outside of their normal job duties. Nominations for the “Love Sandusky County” Volunteer Award include: Jason Conklin, J.Conklin Consulting; Nathan Koenig, Sandusky County Job and Family Services; Ruth Watson, Sandusky County Board of DD; Aaron Wilson, Edward Jones; Caleb Wynbissinger, Clyde Ace Hardware
- Young Leader of the Year Award: This award is presented to a young professional who has emerged as a business leader, demonstrated excellence, creativity and initiative in their career and has made a positive impact in the workplace.
- Nominations for the Young Leader of the Year Award include: Roger Kuns, Northcoast Security; Mayor Danny Sanchez, City of Fremont; Zak Selvey, Dewey and Selvey, Attorneys and Sandusky County Prosecutor’s Office; Alisa Zieber, Cosi Bella
- Young Professional of the Year Award: This award is presented to a young professional who has emerged as a business leader, demonstrated excellence, creativity and initiative in their career and has made a positive impact in the workplace. This person follows the mission of the SCYPG and is a paid/active member of the organization.
- Nominations for the Young Professional of the Year Award include: Cori Foos, St. Joseph Central Catholic High School and Rodan + Fields – Independent Consultant; Jenny Freeh, UIS Insurance & Investments; Kassandra Kuzma, Sandusky County Board of Elections; Eliot Parker, Parkmont Wealth Advisors; and Rob Roth, UIS Insurance & Investments.
For additional information or to RSVP for the SCYP Awards banquet, message the SCYPG on Facebook or email them at email@example.com
The SCYPG is built from our area’s best talent to support and enhance our influence in the community. With the mission to attract, engage and motivate young professionals to make Sandusky County an even greater place to live, work and play; the SCYPG is dedicated to empowering young professionals with educational, leadership, mentoring and networking opportunities. For more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit scypg.org.